Have you heard about Maca?? No, not MATCHA…MACA, totally different superfood! I recently discovered Maca because I kept confusing it with Matcha…silly me! I was on the hunt for a Matcha powder so that I could make Starbucks Matcha lattes at home to feed my cravings (and save money), add superfoods to my nutritional routine and to kick my coffee habit.
I discovered that Maca is pretty amazing and actually tastes really good. Which in my opinion is the most important…if it doesn’t taste good, I probably won’t be eating it very much.
Maca powder is a pretty amazing addition to smoothies and lattes because it is packed with tons of health benefits. It can reduce anxiety, boosts energy, enhance mood and Memory. These are huge for me since I’ve always struggled with anxiety and brain fog. I would basically eat or drink anything that promises to clear up these conditions because they affect my performance, my mood, and I just want to be sparkly all day every day. Beware though that Maca can also affect hormones so consult your doctor if you struggle with any kind of hormone imbalance.
Health Benefits of Maca
- Increased athletic stamina
- Growth and renewal of skin cells helping your skin to look healthier
- Reduces depression and anxiety in women Read this article for more about how Maca affects mood source: https://www.themacateam.com/maca-for-depression/
- Positively effects men’s testosterone
- And contains antioxidants to help your body fight disease
- Improves hair growth
- Improves skin tone
- Helps fight acne… when it is related to a hormone imbalance
With all these health benefits I can predict that Maca will be the next superfood craze…especially when you taste it in this amazingly smooth, creamy and sweet Smoothie Bowl recipe. It’s not hard to add it to your daily nutritional routine when it tastes this good!
Easy Maca Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- Almond butter
- Nut milk
- Protein powder (optional, I’ve made this with and without protein)
- Vanilla extract
- Raw almonds, Pecans, cashews (or any nut you prefer), Sliced banana, Dry oats or granola and anything else you want to add, go crazy, it’s your bowl baby!
- Are you a Choco-holic? Make it a chocolate bowl…
- Add Cocoa powder to the blender and top with Chocolate chips
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth add small amounts of milk to help blend and until you reach the desired consistency.
Pour in a bowl add toppings and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, Check out my Day in the life vlog on Youtube, where I also share this recipe
Have a Magical Day!